Learn how to fix some website errors, yes? Okay, here we go!
General all over website mistakes you can correct easily
- Optimise your images and activate browser cache to improve your website loading speed
- Make your font size bigger to increase readability
For your Homepage
- Replace your images to make them authentic (you at work, greeting a new client)
- Create a striking headline which explains what you do and why you are better than your competitors
- Add a short and snappy introduction and a call to action (CTA)
- Place some testimonials right after your headline
- When writing content on your homepage use less “our” and “we”. Instead focus on what you can provide for your potential clients
- Use the information from your header/footer and incorporate it using location, contact information and areas of speciality
- Your visitors mostly don’t like drop-down menus, they find them irritating and will most likely skip the main navigation pages.
- Don’t get caught up in all the ‘useless words syndrome’, especially on your Home Page. Your Home Page should be about telling your prospective clients who you are, what you do and how you can help. It’s not about “Hi, nice to meet you”, “Hey, thanks for stopping by, let’s grab a virtual coffee”…… LESS IS MORE.
This snippet of information will help improve your website in general, especially your Homepage, About and Services pages. We bet that you’ve already found at least 5 mistakes? Take a good look at these pages on your website now because most business owners think everything is good if their website looks appealing, but….
Looks are not everything!
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!
Should you not find anything above amiss, then you’ve got it covered!
If you do, we are here to help get your website clear of errors and Brittle Star’s got you covered!
Come talk to https://brittlestarwebdesign.com web design agency in W4, also known as “best Chiswick web designers”!